Sunday, February 27, 2011

Take A Look At Me Now. . .

     
     H was on site today checking out the progress of the sea wall when he noticed the copper roof had been placed on the cupola on top of the garage.  This is the second try for the coppersmith at making a roof for the coupla. The first attempt was just a tad over stated as he had constructed a cross on the top. I have no problem with letting people know this is a Christian home, but I ask you, don't you think this is a litte much?



His second attempt, with our input, looks a lot more like we had intended. A simple spirial.  It was placed on the garage today to complete the cupola. (To be perfectly honest with you, I couldn't remember that there was a cupola on the house.) But this now looks more like the plan and a lot more like us!




      Above is a zoomed in view which was taken at a distance,which makes it look very big to me. Below it looks more proportional and when I saw it in person it looked great and sized just right. Once the copper patinas with age, it should be perfect.

                                        

 The sea wall was started this week and since I wanted to include photos of it, I almost entitled this post  "A Long and Winding Road".  That is the song I have been singing ever since I first saw it. I love the way it is defining the shape of our property. It will look so nice once it has been sodded and landscaped. Our neighbor mentioned that he has "longed" to see his sea wall connected with another that surrounds the point.  Can you see what I mean by defining the point? Can you see why I am singing "The Long and Winding Road"?






     The above view was taken from the road looking down towards the sea wall where it meets up with our neighbor. You can see the roof of his boathouse on the right side of the photo. Below, is a view taken from that boathouse.




      The next group of pictures were taken from another neighbor's pontoon boat. They are our neighbors that are two doors away. Gay and Scott Phillips. It was such a lovely day on Saturday that they invited us  to see the view of our house from the water. They also invited our next door neighbors, Phil and Gail Foster, to join us and we had a wonderful afternoon looking at our house, relaxing, and enjoying the fellowship with our new friends. In fact, it was so much fun, we invited another couple when Gail and Phil had to leave, to join us for a sunset "toddy ride". What fun! We packed up several bottles of wine, put together a wine and cheese tray with some grapes and rode around and watched the sun set.  Then we just stopped the boat out on the water, drank and talked until it time for the "potty" ride back to the dock! Below are the pictures of the back of the house, the retaining wall and sea wall that I took. I hope you can click on the photos and get a better view... but remember who is taking the pictures :)






     This past week was a wonderful week for the builders and the sea wall builders weatherwise. Hopefully it will continue next week as well. Last Sunday was so nice that I just sat out on the deck (see that orange chair) and looked at the water and waved to all the boaters. H keeps asking me, who are they? I don't know, they wave and I wave back, that's just what I do. We did have some friends from our church, who were out for a boat ride, stop by and take a tour, others  just yelled from their boats, "NICE HOUSE" and after seeing this view, I would have to agree.

                                             

1 comment: