Friday, August 13, 2010

I Get Around....

I know it has been a week since my last post but I did tell y'all I might not write everyday. I decided to write today because I had No Particular Place to Go.
For all my friends who really know me, you may be happy to know that it only took three weeks living here in Clanton before I told H that I was taking him for a ride! That's right, I took him with me in my little Jetta and we went exploring!  The first place I took him was to was the Post Office, then we went to  find our little church. After that I drove him straight to the Winn Dixie for a few groceries and then I drove him  back in the other direction, passed the turnoff for our house and went straight to Durbin Farms for some homegrown tomatoes and fresh peaches.

 Durbin Farm is an open air fresh fruit and produce market located on the right just off I-65 at exit 205. If you turn left off  exit 205 you will pass the Peach Park. This is another local  fruit and produce market which also features fresh peach ice cream and fried peach pies! I hear they have great Bar-B-Q there but that remains to be seen (or should I say tasted?). I mention Peach Park because you pass Peach Park on the way to Lake Mitchell. I have not made it that far yet!
  After Durbin Farms I drove H back home to put the groceries away. But wait, I'm not finished... After putting the groceries away we jumped right back in the car and I drove H to exit 212 where, in case you may be wondering, is the water tower that looks like (you guessed it) a peach! Did I mention that Clanton, Alabama is in the heart of peach country?


 It has a sister peach located in Gaffney, South Carolina.  We understand, however, that this one is smaller.  Anyway this exit is where we have to go for an ATM machine that the Navy Federal Credit Union is associated with where we don't have to pay a fee to take "our" money out. It is located at the Shop and Fill. Remember Exit 205 is where we get off I-65 when we get to Clanton?  Well, exit 212 is located at the other end of town which means I have driven from one end of town to the other!
Since that day I have been on my own and have driven to the Cornerstone Health and Fitness Club  for water areobics classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, to the church every Wednesdays and, of course, to the WalMart!  I have discovered several little boutiques that I scouted out just to check on my competition. Found a Dollar Tree that I can drive to now that I am not teaching and don't need to go to anymore. Went exploring several antique stores for treasures for my new house and some nice places to eat lunch with my new friends. What more could a girl want? Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. So many things for me to comment on here....
    1) WOW!! You drove around, I'm so happy for you. By the time I get there, you'll be a regular Mario Andretti.
    2)Is there a peach 'season'? I want to plan a visit around that.....hmm...peach pie, peach ice cream, peach sangria (not all at once of course!).
    3)I LOVE LOVE LOVE this water tower. It's so cheery.
    4)I can't believe that you finally have a local Dollar Tree and no student projects to create.
    5) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete