Thursday, April 7, 2011

You Light Up My Life. . . .

    Come on now, you might as well confess, you KNEW that  this would be the song title I would use for the post when all the lighting went in. :) Even though there are many more photos that you will see in this post, I had to use it.  Not all the lights are in but there is enough to share at this point. Besides, I can't wait until they are all in to show you my Ta-Da photo!

     This took a little pursuasion on my part and I am soooo glad I stuck to my guns. I really love them! As some of you may or may not know, our first home was in Hawaii and since then, I have always had a pineapple in our home as a symbol of hospitality. OK, so this house has three!  Anyway,when I first saw these pendants, I thought they were cute. . . but the more I thought about it, I convinced myself I HAD to have them. H had to have more time to think about it, but if the truth be known, I think he really likes them too! In case you need a more up close and personal. . . This is so me, don't you agree?


Mike, our electrician has been installing lights and fans for more than a week now and still has more to do when they come in next week. The chandelier and foyer lights are on their way! We are waiting on mirrors so he can install the sconces in a couple of bathrooms but most of the over mirror lighting has been installed. This is just one of the bathrooms for you to see.


 
   There will be a full sheet mirror under these lights when we are done. (This is the bathroom that had to have the marble redone because what we originally picked out from a 3x4 piece of marble looked terrible when we saw the whole piece installed.)  Yes, we had to eat that one! The kitchen and laundry room has all the under cabinet lights installed and the bar has lights in the cabinets.    
       As I mentioned, this post has lots of other photos that I wanted to share. Below are a few photos taken today of the granite that was installed this week. Love it! The bar and kitchen backsplash should be installed next week, so you will see these photos again. The lower level bar is in the lighter granite.







Below are two of the thirteen fans that are in this house and that are on the porch, deck and terrace. I wish you could really see the color of the master bedroom in this picture. Guess you'll just have to come for a visit. :)  The other photo is the fan in the lower level great room. Which reminds me, we got the first reupholstered piece of furniture back yesterday and it looks great! It is the green wingback and ottoman that will go in the lower level great room.





      The real reason we went to the house today was because we now have a DRIVEWAY! No more wondering how I would get down that slope after a rain.  Our diveway is a lot steeper that I had originally thought it would be but I can say, it's NOT as steep as some of the driveways on The Ridge.
  NOTE: For all of you wondering when it would happen, today was the day! As I was walking back up the hill in our neighbor's uncleared property (our driveway was still wet), I did indeed come, up close and personal with my first critter! One good thing I learned even at this weight, I can still run! Enough said.


Oops! Didn't mean to show the boathouse until it was all finished this weekend, but what the heck, you knew it was being built. I will have more detailed and up close photos in my next post. Meanwhile, back to the driveway and terrace.

     With the terrace poured, it gives me an idea of what kind and how much outdoor furniture we will need to buy. We have already been trying out rockers for the deck and there will definately be a swing under that screened porch that juts out in the background of this photo!

     The boathouse will be finished this weekend if we decide on the size of the swim deck. Right now it is set to be 16 ft. x 16 ft. But, is that big enough? The Alabama Power Company says it can be a little larger but we will have to make an amendment to the original permit.  There is a large space in the boathouse that is under roof for tables and chairs but what if more people want to be in the sun? Oh well, that decision is all on H, I made the decision about the pineapple pendants!

1 comment:

  1. YES! so glad you stuck with it and got your pendants :) they are such a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete