Sunday, October 3, 2010

What a Difference a Day Makes. . .

      Or in this case, what a difference a week makes! Our last visit to the site was Monday, the 27th of September which was when we were able to see the "dirt" and decide on which remaining trees stayed or went. Since then we have have stayed away from the site due to all the many trucks and equiptment coming and going and there would have been no place for us to park our car anyway.  I think week by week is how I want to watch this "happen" anyway, because day to day, I am not too sure there would be that much change taking place. When our builder stopped by to pick up his first "check", he gave us an idea of this week's progress and so we decided to wait and check it out after church on Sunday. Of course, this was the first Sunday of the month which meant Pot Luck Sunday and added to that we had the Blessings of the Animals when a horse was blessed on the lawn in front of the church!  So needless to say, it was Sunday afternoon before we were able to get there.
      These first two photos were taken from the top of the road just to show the overall view.
 
View taken from the road

View taken walking down the driveway
I love this view everytime I see it!  As we walked on down to see where all the footings were, H explained to me how the house would sit and I must confess, it's slowly becoming clearer to me but I am still gonna need more, like maybe a floor or a wall or two, but I'm getting there!
      The next pictures are what the views will be from the different rooms in the house.


     This view was taken by me as I sat on this bucket trying to imagine I was on the patio under the main floor deck watching H cook me a steak and having a glass of wine. (I did say, I was imagining, didn't I?)
This will also be Liz and Jarrett's view from their bedroom.  Unfortunately the guest room behind them will NOT have a view but I'll come up with something to make up for it if that becomes your room, I promise. 
   
This is about where the boathouse will be built.


This is the view from Rosanne's guest room


This is the view from the main floor great room if you can imagine a floor from about where H's elbow is straight out!  The area below that is the lower level great room.  See my imaginary chaise lounge
on the patio way out where you see the black bucket!

 
     This view  may look very much like the view from Rosanne's guest room, and it is. . .but it is taken a little higher up from the screened porch where we will have our coffee each morning so we can see this beautiful sight!  The screened porch is located over that  lower guest room. 


       I look forward to our next visit to the site which will be in a little more than a week. I'm sure I will once again be blown away with the progress. (I do realize things will slow down at some point). 
      The Alabama Hargroves and the Masons will be making a road trip next week as we journey back to Virginia to share in the wedding of the daughter of our former priest and dear friends the Lords. We also look forward to seeing other cherished friends whom, we hope after seeing these views, will join us knowing these guestrooms are waiting to welcome them.


1 comment:

  1. What do you mean "guest room"?
    I'm moving in permanently!!
    Can't wait to see it for real.
    xo
    RHA

    ReplyDelete